We're so excited to announce a call for submissions for an ongoing art showcase at the MyMama Hub in Naxxar.
Since we opened our doors just over a year ago, the hub has been serving as a welcoming home for our team and the families we support. With the passing of time, we've come to realise just how much our clients leave their mark on us and on each other - through different interactions and and shared experiences. From this observation, The Parenthood Collective project was born...LEARN MORE
We'd love for the MyMama Hub to be a space where YOU can speak your truths and share your own pregnancy and parenthood stories through ART.
We are seeking illustrations, drawings and paintings that explore the themes of parenthood, pregnancy and family life. We welcome submissions from artists of ALL backgrounds, experiences and styles.
Illustrator Moira Scicluna Zahra will be assessing the submissions - selected artworks will be displayed at the MyMama Hub and will be available for sale. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced as well as up and coming illustrators and artists to showcase their work and to potentially sell their pieces.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Parenthood Collective
- Artworks must be in the form of illustrations, drawings or paintings.
- The themes of parenthood, pregnancy, and family life should be the central focus of the artwork.
- Artists may submit artworks they have produced already, they don't need to be created specifically for the exhibition, as long as the theme is relevant.
- Artists of all ages and levels of experience are encouraged to submit their work.
- Each artist may submit up to three artworks.
- Artworks must be original and not infringe on any copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Submissions should be made by the 20th of February 2024.
- Please send digital images of your artworks to [email protected]
- Include your name, a brief description of each artwork and the dimensions of the artwork.
The selection will be done by the Malta Community of Illustrators and MyMama. Artworks will be chosen based on their artistic merit, relevance to the theme and overall quality. The selected artists will be notified via email by the 26th of February 2024 where they will have time to frame their work (if needed) and decide on the price of the artwork. Please note that MyMama Ltd will take a 10% commission from the sales that will go towards supporting and promoting the exhibition.
- Submission deadline: 20th February 2024
- Notification of selection: 26th February 2024
- Delivery of artworks: By the 5th of March 2024
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Moira Scicluna Zahra at [email protected]